He was born on February 14th 1961. He hails from the parish of St. Mary’s Church Kuzhikattussery of the Eparchy of Irinjalakuda. After his High School Studies at Aloor, he joined at St. Mary’s Petit Seminary, Thope, Thrissur. He had his philosophical and theological formation at St. Thomas Apostolic Seminary, Vadavathoor, Kottayam. Bishop James Pazhayattil ordained him on December 28 1985. After serving as assistant parish priest at St. Thomas Cathedral, Irinjalakuda he was sent to Rome for Higher Studies. He obtained Doctorate in Oriental Liturgy from the Pontifical Oriental Institute, Rome. He has served as vicar in various parishes of the Eparchy viz., Lourdupuram (Inchakundu), Murikingal, Thuravankunnu, Kottennallur, Kuthirathadam, Paduvanagar (Aikkarakkunnu) and Kuzkikattukon. He was also Assistant Director of the Better Life Movement (BLM) and the Mission Training Centre MTC, Aloor, Vice Rector of St. Paul’s Minor Seminary, Irinjalakuda, Secretary of the Pastoral Council, Director of Pastoral Center and Catechism (Vidyajyothi), Bible Apostolate. Justice Forum initiated by him was an efficient system for administering justice basing the principles of equity and charity with regard to the dispute of temporal goods or family related issues of the faithful of the eparchy. Prathyasa (Hope) is a Crisis Intervention Centre started by him taking into consideration the current moral problems of the youth and family. He was the Convener of the Diocesan Liturgical Commission and General Convener of the Diocesan Silver Jubilee Celebrations. He was also the Visiting Professor of Liturgy to various Major Seminaries viz., Mangalapuram, Alwaye and Poonamallee. He is a prolific ecclesiastical writer. The numerous books published and edited by him attest to this fact.
1. Author – East Syrian Lectionary, Rome, 1991.
2. Collaborator – Classified Bibliography of the East Syrian Liturgy, Rome 1990
3. Ed., Kraistava Keralam, (Mal) Aloor, 1992.
4. Ed., Mathabodhanithinu Oru Markadeepam, (Mal) Irinjalakuda, 2004.
5. Ed., Syro Malabar Church Forty Years after Second Vatican Council. Kochi, 2007.
6. Ed., Mission Theology of Syro Malabar Church, Kochi, 2008.
7. Ed., The Proclamation of the Word of God in the Life and the Mission of the Church, Kochi 2008.
8. Ed., Christology of the Syro Malabar Church, Kochi, 2008.
9. Ed., The Ecclesial Mission and the Pastoral Care of the Migrants of the Syro Malabar Church, Kochi, 2009.
10. Ed., Ministry and the Life of the Priests of the Syro Malabar Church, Kochi, 2009.
11. Author – Holy Eucharist, (Mal) Palghat, 2003.
12. Chief Editor of the Thomas Christian Heritage, Liturgical Research Centre, Biannual Journal, Kochi.
The Holy See and the Syro-Malabar Major Archiepiscopal Church was appreciative of his generous and committed service as the Secretary of the Major Archiepiscopal Commission for Liturgy, Clergy, and Institutes of Consecrated Life and the Executive Director of Liturgical Research Centre concurrently. He deserves special mention for his laudable service as the Notary of the Synod of Bishops of the Syro-Malabar Church from 2005 to 2009. He was elected by the Synod of Bishops (in the Synod held in January 2010) and with the assent of His Holiness Pope Benedict XVI, it was officially proclaimed on 18th January 2010. The Episcopal Ordination and the Installation of the new bishop took place on 18th April 2010 in the St. Thomas Cathedral premises, Irinjalakuda. He is guided by the motto : Omnibus Omnia Fieri.